0:00 - Teacher Josh is very stern.
0:29 - Rule #1
1:35 - Rule #2
2:36 - Rule #3
3:37 - Rule #4
4:29 - Rule #5
5:35 - Rule #6
6:46 - Rule #7
7:47 - Rule #8
9:20 - Rule #9
10:12 - Rule #10 Check out @The-Art-of-Guitar Mike's “Rules Pro Guitarists Break” video
According to Teacher Josh’s “proper” bass rules -
* Geddy Lee is plucking too hard
* James Jamerson doesn’t use enough fingers
* Chris Squire doesn’t either, but on the other hand
* Louis Johnson’s hand is all wrong
* Rocco Prestia’s fretting technique is a mess
* Robert Trujillo’s bass is too many miles from his head
* Peter Hook should be penalized by the FAA for flying that high
* Victor Wooten’s tone doesn’t count as “bass tone”
* Billy Sheehan don’t know enough theory to play that good
* Sting is missing the most important beat in his bass lines
As you may suspect... I disagree!
In this lesson I’ll explain in detail why these legendary bassists are “breaking the rules,” and how it can improve (or hurt) your playing to follow their lead.
And at the end, I’ll challenge Teacher Josh to see if he can actually play the bass...
Click here to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you can catch my next video.
Click here to grab more free bass lessons that you can't get on YouTube or Musicians Unite.
Thanks for watching my weekly lesson here at Musicians Unite, check back next week for another lesson.